Friday, July 15, 2011

My Babies

I fell madly in love with each one of my children from the very beginning. They were each beautiful, smelled so lovely and new, and their sounds were like a magical song calling, captivating every cell of my being. I stood in amazement at each new smile and every new thing they discovered.I relished in having that skin on skin contact with each of my babies knowing of that unbreakable bond we were creating, an invisible contract of holy love between mother and child.  I wished I could have captured it in a photograph...their little tiny feet and hands, their big flirty eyes and long dark eyelashes and all those wet kisses, oh my! Then there was the way they gave into sleep and their whole bodies were absorbed into mine. Babies don't hold back, they give in...whole hearted unconditional love. I don't think there is anything more beautiful...

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I love how you use words to describe this. You are very creative in your writing.
Did your daughters receive our very belated wedding cards and gifts? I hope I had your correct address.

Pamela Nebeker said...

Thank you. Yes they both received your cards. I'm sure you will hear from both of them shortly. That was very sweet and generous.
Bests,
Pam


fresh flowers every day