Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weddings 101 or the school of hard knocks...

I think we are defiantly in a learning curve here...we went to look for wedding  invitations at my favorite printers this week and there were so many choices . Vera Wang had some beautiful designs as did others. We chose several designs and I casually ask what we were looking at price wise for 500 invitations...Holy cow!!! $3000.00 to $8000., yes dollars! For a beautiful piece of paper announcing my daughters wedding that would be thrown away shortly after our friends and family received it! Well, even if I had that in my budget it wouldn't be spent on something that is thrown away!
We came home,  designed an invitation that really is a representation of our darling bride and groom, went to the paper store and purchased gorgeous paper and they are being printed right now...all for $350.00 plus postage.
Like I said....it's a learning curve!

No comments:


fresh flowers every day